Dates & Rates
SUMMER 2022 CALENDAR
- FULL SEASON: June 20 – August 12*
- FIRST SESSION: June 20 – July 15*
- SECOND SESSION: July 18 – August 12
*Camp will be closed on Monday, July 4 in honor of Independence Day.
If you need more flexibility within these sessions, please contact Director Talia Derman.
SUMMER 2022 DATES & RATES
|Program||Grade(s)||Full Session||1st or 2nd Session|
|Chaverim||Entering Pre-k & Kindergarten||$5,200||$3,100|
|Amitzim||Entering Grade 1||$5,200||$3,100|
|Bonim||Entering Grade 2||$5,200||$3,100|
|Giborim||Entering Grade 3||$5,200||$3,100|
|Kochavim||Entering Grade 4||$5,360||$3,180|
|Gar-Hal||Entering Grades 5 & 6||$5,440||$3,220|
|Gesher||Entering Grades 7 & 8||$5,600|
|Counselors-in-Training||Entering Grades 9 & 10||$1,800|
A $600 deposit per camper is required upon enrollment
FIRST SUMMER DISCOUNT (Choose One)
- All new campers save $1,000 off full season or $500 off 4, 5, 6, or 7-week session
- All new campers attending a Jewish Day School save 25% off enrollment
SECOND SUMMER DISCOUNT
- All campers returning for a second summer save $500 off full season or $250 off 4, 5, 6, or 7-week session
If you have more than one camper attending a Camp Ramah in Wisconsin/Ramah Day Camp program, each additional child is eligible for a $50 sibling discount.
An opt-in Hebrew immersion program open to campers entering grades 1-3.
Campers in Sha’ar (Gateway) engage in the full camp schedule, including swimming, sports, arts and crafts, and more – learning to understand and speak Hebrew by listening to and speaking with their counselors and peers. All aspects of the camp day are conducted in Hebrew from the very first day, giving children an opportunity to gain proficiency as they participate in the myriad of activities that make camp so magical!
Select ‘Sha’ar Chicago Program’ during enrollment. An additional $250 fee applies.
KESHET INCLUSION PROGRAM
We offer an inclusion program in partnership with Keshet for campers who may benefit from additional support due to a variety of special circumstances and needs. For more information and pricing details, please contact Registrar Margalit Segal.
Round-trip bus fees are included in the cost of tuition for campers located in the Chicago suburbs. A $500 surcharge will be applied for campers located in the City of Chicago because we charter specialty coach buses for that area. For more information about busing, please see our transportation page.
CAMP RAMAH IN WISCONSIN JOINT PROGRAMS
- Entering 3rd and 4th graders enrolled for a full season at Ramah Day Camp can attend one Ruach Ramah session with waived tuition ($50 Ruach Ramah transportation fee still applies).
- Entering 4th graders can spend two weeks (Kochavim Mini-Session) at Camp Ramah in Wisconsin and six weeks at Ramah Day Camp for a special rate of $5,360.
- Entering 4th through 6th graders can spend four weeks (First or Second Session) at Camp Ramah in Wisconsin and four weeks at Ramah Day Camp for a special rate of $7,550.
- For information on enrolling for a 9-week combined session at Camp Ramah in Wisconsin and Ramah Day Camp, please contact Registrar Margalit Segal for discounted pricing.
For your convenience, Ramah Day Camp accepts checks, American Express, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and Check. eCheck is the preferred method of payment. All credit card payments will incur a 2.9% credit card fee. Registration cannot be processed until past-due balances are reconciled.
By submitting your camper’s application, you are accepting responsibility for payment of the full tuition for your camper’s enrollment. Occasionally, prior to camp, it is determined that Ramah Day Camp is not the right fit for a camper. If this should happen, the family will receive a full refund of any fees paid. All camp fees must be paid in full by March 31 or the camper family must be on an established payment plan.
Camper families have four payment options:
- Pay in full at time of registration
- Pay in full by March 31
- Pay in six equal installments on November 5, December 5, January 5, February 5, March 5 & April 5
- Create a customized payment plan approved by Director of Operations Scott Topal
- All fees, including deposit, will be refunded if camp is cancelled due to COVID-19
- The $600 deposit is fully refundable until January 1, 2022. Deposits are non-refundable after January 1, 2022
- All fees are non-refundable after March 1, 2022
We know that the decision to attend Ramah Day Camp is an investment in your camper’s future. We are committed to making sure that every family that wants to have a Ramah experience is able to do so.
Camp Ramah families in need of financial assistance may apply to Ramah Day Camp for financial aid. We strive to make our financial assistance process simple, accessible and supportive.
TO APPLY: Our summer 2022 financial assistance process is now open. Ramah Day Camp uses the FACTS system, a secure third-party application to collect and validate the information provided.
Please complete the financial aid application via FACTS here. Ensure you select the ‘2022-2023 Term’ for summer 2022. This data will be kept strictly confidential.
AWARDS: Our Financial Aid Committee individually reviews each application to make an award decision. Completed applications received by December 1, 2021 will receive a response by January 15, 2022.
Applications submitted after December 1, 2021 will be reviewed and awarded on a rolling basis.
ADDITIONAL FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE RESOURCES: We also encourage Ramah families to seek financial assistance from the following resources:
- Your synagogue
- Your local Jewish community (via the Jewish Federation, Jewish Family and Children Services and/or Jewish Vocational Services)
If you have any questions about the financial assistance process, please be in touch with our Director of Operations, Scott Topal or by phone at (312) 690-8326.